Disability Management & Return To Work Services
My fourteen years of employment at WorkSafeBC provided me with extensive experience in working within the insurance company, rehabilitation and disability management contexts.
I see many clients who have been temporarily disabled from work for psychological (e.g., “stress leave”) and/or physical reasons. I am contracted by rehabilitation consultants, insurance company case managers, or disability management professionals to provide psychological services to help clients improve their psychological functioning, their involvement in day-to-day activities, their return to work readiness, and their chances of attaining a successful and durable return to work.
My involvement may include all or some of the following components:
- Initial “Intake” assessment
- Review of other medical and rehabilitation professionals’ reports
- Psychological treatment utilizing cognitive-behavioural, stress management, and mindfulness-based principles
- Ongoing consultation with rehabilitation team members and the case manager
- Consultation regarding GRTW (graduated return to work) planning and implementation
- Return to work preparation
- Psychological support during GRTW participation
- Follow-up as requested
I receive referrals from major disability insurance carriers, disability management companies, and rehabilitation consultants or coordinators. Feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss a referral.